Experience Advent through poems of pain and arrival.
A 25-day poetry experience to help you lament the hurt and embrace the hope in our world
The Weary World Rejoices: Poems of Pain and Arrival stems from an understanding that Christmas is a collision of pain and hope. It's a living paradox. Alan Briggs, Alex Lewis, Cory Ard & Tyler Hill wondered how they might creatively engage the emotions of the Christmas season. In an effort to lament the pain of our world and wait in expectation for the coming of the Prince of Peace, they hatched a plan to redeem increasingly negative social media spaces with rhymes and rhythms of hope and peace.
“The world is not as it should be, but the King is on the way.”
— Alan Briggs, CO-FOUNDER
Christmas finds us in a perplexing moment right now. Pain and violence are unescapable, and we don’t know how or where to process these things. The Weary World Rejoices exists to help you lament the hurt in our world and embrace the hope of our coming King through a collection of daily Advent poems.
Join With Us
To get involved in The Weary World Rejoices, you can:
- Sign up to receive daily poems via email using the form above
- Follow along on our Facebook Page
- Share about the project on social media using #thewearyworld
- Gather with your family, friends, small group or congregation to read these poems and process them together
- Ponder the poems, pray for peace, and pause to await Jesus